The other night I had gone with the Young Men's President to visit a young man that has recently been inactive. When I came home, I was subsequently interrogated by Daniel about what I had been doing and the nature of our Savior. The conversation went something like this:
"Where did you go?"
"I went to visit a boy that hasn't been going to church lately."
"Why him not going to church?"
"I don't know, buddy. I went over there to remind him that Jesus wants him to be there and to learn."
"Is Jesus big, big, bigger, than the whole city??"
"Well, kind of. He can always see us and is watching what we do."
"Is he way bigger than you?"
"Well, I don't know. But he probably is pretty close to the same size as me. We look a lot like him."
"Where hims at?"
"Right now, he is in heaven with the people that are there."
"Why?"
"He is teaching them about the gospel and about church."
"Oh...(pauses looking thoughtful) Do you remember, when I was a baby, and Grandma Fisher died?"
"Yes, I remember that. Do you remember going to her funeral and seeing her in the casket?"
"No. (Another thoughtful look). And she lives...um"
"She is in Heaven."
"Oh, yeah, she live in heaven. Why is she there?"
"I think she might be helping Jesus to teach the other people there."
"Why do they need teached?"
"Because they don't know about Jesus or about church."
He then turned around to sit down at the table for dinner. I am often impressed about the faith that children seem to have in our Savior and the healing power of the Holy Ghost. Daniel often wakes in the night and asks Kelli or me to help him say his prayers if he didn't before he fell asleep. I am so grateful to have an example of unwavering faith from an innocent child. I feel so blessed in my life to have Daniel and Kelli and our baby who will be joining us soon. Kelli and I are also going to the temple this weekend to have Daniel sealed to us. This warms my heart and fills me with an indescribable sense of peace. The church is true!
Tuesday, August 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
3 comments:
MATT AND KELLI!!!! i am speachless... Thank you for your amazing example! I am so excited for you and for the experience that awaits you! I will be thinking of you this weekend!!! I love you guys!
He sounds like a very wonderful child who is eager to learn about the church. That is way exciting that he will now be your son for eternity. Have an amazing weekend and enjoy your time at the temple. Good luck also with the baby on the way. It is one of the best things you will ever experience.
WOW!! That is so precious!! All of it. And you are right, Kelli is beautiful!!
Congratulations and Best Wishes,
(other Mom)
Post a Comment